What is Reproductive Medicine?
Reproductive medicine is the medicine that deals with prevention, diagnosis and management of reproductive issues. The main goal to take this medicine is to improve or maintain reproductive health. Reproductive medicine also deals with issues related to puberty, menopause, contraception and certain sexual problems.
Facts about Reproductive Medicine
- Fertility drugs regulate or stimulate ovulation.
- Fertility Medicines generally work like natural hormones.
- Fertility Medicine may include:
- Using fertility Medicines carries some risks, such as
- hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS)
- Risks of ovarian tumours
- Reproductive Medicine is distinguished by its national and international reputation for evidence-based research.
- Specialists in reproductive medicine usually undergo training in obstetrics and gynaecology.