What is Ovulation Induction?
Ovulation induction is the process of medication to enhance the ovulation by encouraging eggs to develop in the ovaries. Medications which are used in the ovulation induction can include Clomiphene Citrate (Clomid) or Tamoxifen and Letrozole tablets). In Controlled ovarian hyper stimulation the stimulating of multiple follicles of the ovaries for development is the part of in vitro fertilization (IVF). The success rate of Ovulation Induction depends upon multiple individual factors. pregnancy with ovulation induction with gonadotropins and IUI the chances of twins are approximately 15% and triplets are 5%.
Facts About Ovulation Induction
- Clomifene citrate (or Clomid) is the medication which is used most commonly to treat ovulation.
- With Clomifene citrate, efficient ovulation inductor has a success rate of 67%. And has a 37% success rate in inducing pregnancy.
- Since 2001 Doctors has been used Letrozole for ovarian stimulation.
- Letrozole has fewer side-effects than clomiphene.
- Ovulation most normally occurs halfway through your menstrual cycle.
- 20% of women’s body get indicates their ovulation.
- The Symptoms of women ovulation are slight abdominal cramping, breast tenderness, vaginal discharge etc.
- Each woman is born with millions of immature eggs.
- Usually, only one egg is released with each ovulation cycle.
- An egg lives for 12 – 24 hours after leaving the ovary.
- Ovulation is a regular monthly occurrence.
- Ovulation can be affected by many factors like stress, illness, or some other daily routine activities.
- Disorders which affect ovulation are known as menstrual disorders.
- Oligoovulation is infrequent ovulation, women who experience only 4 – 8 cycles per year instead of once each month.
- In Annovulation ovulation and manifests with irregular periods and bleeding.
- You can begin looking for pregnancy symptoms as early as a week after fertilization.
- Once your egg is fertilised, it seals itself off to exclude any other sperm.
- Older women are more likely to release two eggs at a time of hyper ovulation process, so twins are conceiving after the age of 35.
- Ovulation usually happens between days 11 and 21 of your cycle.
- If the timing is right, sperm may fertilize it on its way to the uterus.
- Sperm can live for about 3 to 5 days ovulating can help you when you’re most likely to conceive.