What is Female Infertility?
Female Infertility means Infertility in women; it means a woman is unable to conceive naturally through regular intercourse for more than 1 year. There are many factors which affect Female Infertility like health, hormones, genetic disorder and the changing lifestyle, multiple infertility treatments. Now Infertility is very common in women from around the world. Assisted reproductive technologies including Ovulation induction and In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) are Female Infertility to conceive own baby.
Facts about Female Infertility
- Primary Infertility is Infertility in a woman who has never had a pregnancy.
Secondary Infertility is a woman who has had one or more pregnancies but cannot become pregnant again.
Causes Infertility in women may be Ovulation problems, Blocked fallopian tubes etc.
- Factors that decrease a woman’s chance of becoming pregnant are
- older Age
- Heavy alcohol use
- Overweight or underweight
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- chemotherapy for cancer
- Thyroid Problems
- Tests can help find the causes of Infertility.
- Female Infertility is treated in many ways and depends on the cause of Infertility.
- Some ways to increase a couple’s chance of becoming pregnant are:
- Having sex near the time of ovulation
- The couple should have sex at least every two days.
- Between the 10th and 18th day after the woman starts her period.
- Women don’t have higher infertility rates than men.
- The ideal time to have sex to conceive is in the 3-4 days leading up to ovulation.