Delhi is one of the megacities in India and poses the second-highest position in India by population. The Name Delhi derived from Dhillu is a name the king who built Delhi at this location in 50 BCE. It is also the world’s second-largest urban area, according to the United Nations. Delhi is the legendary capital of the Pandavas in the Indian epic Mahabharata. It is the largest commercial centre in northern India.
Facts about Delhi:
- The capital of India is Delhi.
- The city Delhi actually consists of two components: Old Delhi and New Delhi
- The metropolitan area of Delhi is officially known as the National Capital Territory of Delhi (NCT).
- The districts of Delhi are Central Delhi, East Delhi, North Delhi, North East Delhi, North West Delhi, South Delhi, West Delhi.
- Delhi divided into no of Subdivisions including Najafgarh, Rohini, NarelaSaket, Hauz Khas, Rajouri Garden, Janakpuri, Chanakyapuri, Dwarka, Mayur Vihar, Karol Bagh, Connaught Place and more.
- The largest municipal body in India is Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) governs the Districts of Delhi in the state of Delhi.
- Delhi has many attractions, historical places and nightlife
- Delhi is a large and amazing city in India that is situated on the bank of Yamuna River.
- Delhi has the second-highest population after Mumbai.
- The postal code of Delhi is 110001.
- Area codes or STD codes of Delhi is +91 11.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Delhi is the best medical college and research centre in India.
- Delhi has the most popular Tourist Attractions including India Gate, Akshardham Temple, Qutub Minar, and Jantar Mantar are some of the major attractions of Delhi.
- Increased population and vehicles are the main reason of Delhi busy traffic.
- Delhi is bordered in northern, western, and southern sides by Haryana and in the East by Uttar Pradesh.
- South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC) is one of the municipal corporations in Delhi.
- The best institute in Delhi is IIT Delhi located in Hauz Khas, South Delhi.
- Although Delhi is a highly populated city, it has some popular places such as Red Fort, Hauz Khas Village, National Zoological Park, and India Gate.
- The University of Delhi which is known as Delhi University (DU) is a popular university, located in Delhi, India.
- Delhi is the world’s second most bird-rich capital city.
- Delhi is the largest commercial centre in the Northern part of India.
- The famous rust-resistant composition Iron pillar is currently standing in the Qutb complex at Mehrauli in Delhi.
- Lotus Temple is Notable for its flowerlike shape has become a prominent attraction in the Delhi.
- Chandni Chowk is one of the oldest and busiest markets in Delhi, India.